Sunday 26 November 2017

Camp America - is it worth the try?

Hi there!
Today I would like to share with you my experience that I have with the Program Camp America. I took part in it 2 years ago. During this program you are going to USA for about 10 weeks and you work on a camp. You have two options to choose from. You can work as a Campower so you are going to help with preparing and serving food or Counsellor so you are going to play with children. I choose the first option because I already had some experience working as a waitress.
The camp which choose me was located in the Wisconsin state. Small camp in the forest with a beautiful lake. This camp was a girl scout camp. Besides me there was one girl from Mexico that was working with me. She didn’t English, so I had an opportunity to practice my Spanish. 14 girls were working as a Counsellors and there were from all over the world, from Scotland, Australia, England.
For me this job was all right but a bit boring and stressful sometimes. Besides that, I really enjoyed my stay at camp, because it was a fantastic opportunity to practice my oral English. Every day, I was using this language and after this 3 month I noticed a huge difference with it.
I think that if you are not afraid of being alone for about 3 months in a foreign country as well as you are ready to work hard you should definitely visit the side of Camp America and find out more information about this program and maybe take a part in it.
For me it was a great experience and I would recommend trying it for your own.
Thanks
Kasia

No comments:

Post a Comment