Monday 26 November 2018

Kler - nothing human is alien to me

Hi there!
Kler - a film title that probably everyone has heard of. A movie that in first weekend has been watched by almost 1 million people. Is beating every record when it comes to the number of video views. I want to the cinema to find out what is all about.
This movie is produced to present the inside of the church. Things that are happening of the daily basis in Curia, in a small parish located in countryside and a parish in a city. The story is about 3 main characters: Priest Listowski which works in a parish in a big city. He has a dream to be transfer to Vatican. The situation is impeded by Archbishop that wants to build the biggest sanctuary in Poland. Priest Trybus works in a small parish and is having human problems like women and alcohol. Priest KukuĊ‚a is really close to God, but after some incidents his faith is going through a difficult time.
This movie is really difficult to talk about. In my opinion it's impossible to tell if I enjoyed that film or not. The final scene is intensive and when movie finished everyone left a cinema in a silent.
I'm not sure it the movie is based on real story or it's just so fabricated. If it's true, I won't even think about that.
Everyone should watch it and just think. What can be done to change and improve this situation. It's really terrifying and I don't want to think about that.
Thanks
Kasia

1 comment:

  1. As far as I know, every situation presented in this movie has happened somewhere in Poland. Of course, they are put together into a new, fictional story, but these things do happen. I understand that the idea behind the movie is to make people see the need for change, and realize what they as individuals can do to make it happen. I agree, seeing it is a very depressing experience, but I think we really need to become more aware of what's going on behind the altar.

    ReplyDelete