Monday 14 January 2019

Work-life balance - is it a myth?

Hi there!
Few weeks ago I had a presentation about an interesting topic, which is work-life balance.
I decided to present some methods that are really useful to achieve the perfect balance in your life.
While I was searching for some information, different article about this topic, I found a lot of them entitle: work-life balance is a myth. Is it?
I think that it's not a myth and it can work in our life. Obviously I don't think it's possible to have a perfect life, without any problems. Life where everything works how it should. No, it's not possible. But what is possible and what we can try to achieve is to balance our life. We can try to life a happy life. Life that brings us happiness and smile on our face on daily basis.
Work-life balance it's really important specially now in era of Internet. We don't even realize that we are working all the time. We are scrolling through different websites, and we are constantly reading different articles.
Going back to the title, is it a myth? As I already said I don't think so. There are 3 main things that we need to remember. First of all, all of us are different. What works for me, doesn't have to work for you. That why it's really important to find YOUR balance, balance that works just for YOU, not for anyone else. Second of all, we need to remember that life is messy and can get crazy. It's not possible have a  model life 24/7. You are going to have those days when everything goes wrong. And THAT OK. The last thing is that is really important to just life and sometimes go with the flow. Don't feel guilty if you haven't found your perfect balance yet. Maybe it's just not for you. Try to enjoy your life, do all the things that you need to, but also just be happy. Sometimes we get lost while we are looking for our perfect "balance".
To sum up, I don't think that a work-life balance it's a myth. I agree that is not for everyone. And that totally fine.
Thanks
Kasia

No comments:

Post a Comment