Monday 14 May 2018

Milan - city of art, fashion and Duomo

Hi there!
Milan - is a city in northern Italy and the second-most populous city in Italy after Rome which I’ve already written about. This city is well-known thanks to the Milan Fashion Week which is happening every year. City of art, fashion and Duomo.
I visited this city last year and I’ve fallen in love. Unfortunately, my stay was really short, because only one day, but even during this short trip I visited a lot and also I’m sure that I will come back to this amazing city. Milan’s Cathedral, which is called Duomo in Italian is the fifth-largest cathedral in the world as well as the most important Gothic architecture in Italy. Seeing it live was one of the items on my bucket list - things to do and see. It’s so beautiful that pictures don’t even capture it. Teatro alla Scala is one of the oldest theaters in the world. It has been open since 1778. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is the paradise for people who are into luxuries clothes and accessories. There are tons of different brands. You can find Chanel, Gucci, Jimmy Choo boutiques.
Milan is also home to many cultural institutions, museum and art galleries. Pinacoteca di Brera is an art gallery that contains various masterpieces. One of the most precious is the Brera Madonna by Piero della Francesca.
Cuisine is another thing that marks out Milan. You can’t leave this city without tasting risotto alla milanese or cotoletta alla milanese. There are lots of different restaurant and cafeteria so it shouldn’t be any problem finding something for you.
In my opinion Milan is one of the beautiful and interesting places that I’ve ever been. I highly recommend visiting it. I hope to come back in a near future and maybe live there for a while.
Thanks
Kasia

No comments:

Post a Comment